Hey all!
For Thursday, you need to make sure you read these:
The Writer's Presence:
Michael Berube: "Analyze, Don't Summarize" (pg. 318)
Stephen King: "Everything You Need to Know About Writing Successfully--In Ten Minutes" (pg. 451)
Prentice Hall Reference Guide:
Reading Visual Arguments (section 8a) (pg. 76)
Please be prepared to discuss these readings in class on Thursday. You should have your book by now, so reading these shouldn't be an issue.
Those of you who were in class also received the second essay assignment. If you were not in class, the assignment is located in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
ANNOUNCEMENT:
If you've been missing readings, missing class, not participating, etc., you have not been receiving full (if any) participation points. I understand that some of you may be shy (which is why we do in-class writings and small group work), but if you've come to class unprepared, whether it was due to missing materials or you didn't read, I can't give full participation points to you for not doing all the work. So, PLEASE keep this in mind when I do have assignments for you.
If you have to miss class, contact me BEFORE class on the day you've missed. If you contact me, I'm able to give you a replacement assignment similar to what we did in class. If you get this assignment to me before the next class period, I can give you partial participation points (which will help keep your grade where you may want it).
I'm here to help. Come to my office after class. Email me. Catch me in the hall. I'm willing to work with you all if you're willing to do the work.
See you all on Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment